|Minecraft Survivor: The Nile|
|Filming Location||The Nile, Egypt|
|Season Run||July 1, 2020 - March 13, 2021|
|Filming Dates||May 23, 2020 - June 30, 2020|
|Previous Season||Minecraft Survivor: Caribbean|
|Next Season||Season 9|
Originally billed as Minecraft Survivor Season 7+, Minecraft Survivor: The Nile - Oasis is the eighth season of Minecraft Survivor. This season stemmed from the 2019-2021 COVID-19 pandemic. It premiered on July 1, 2020.
The production crew is made of:
EliteChris35 - Presenter, Showrunner, Editor
DrDunkinstein - Casting Director, Audio Recorder
Timmie1304 - Lead Builder, Cameraman, Casting, Cast Renders
Infernox0 - Challenge Builder, Casting
Miner656 - Assistant Editor, Logo Designer
eman3135 - Assistant Editor
Beybaktube10 - Cameraman
Luigispanish - Cameraman
Logos_ - Cameraman
Sinuar - Cameraman, Texture Pack
Vinaka - Cameraman
SoonerOrLater - Redstone Expert, Cameraman
ItsLizzy - Flag Designer
AussieRosalina - Challenge Ideas
notafurryguys - Challenge Ideas
JPtoony - DVD Cover (as advised by EliteChris35)
- Four Tribes: For the first time, the castaways are divided into four tribes of four members each.
- Battle of the Ages: The castaways are divided into tribes dependent upon their age at the time of filming. Shams tribe members were 12-15 years old, Yanbue tribe members were 16-18 years old, Hariq tribe members were 18-20 years old, and Hikma tribe members were 20-24 years old.
- Hidden Immunity Idols: Their purpose is to nullify all votes cast against the holder when he or she chooses to play it. There were two hidden immunity idols hidden for each shared campground for players to find before the merge. Another was hidden at some point at the merge.
- Unexpected Start: On Day 1, the castaways were marooned altogether with the instruction of talking to each other in groups no bigger than 3, prior to the official tribes reveal on Day 2.
- The Oasis: Formally introduced on Day 8, various opportunities would be given to players to visit the Oasis. Every 2-3 rounds a different advantage would be hidden, leaving it up to players how they would spend their time at the Oasis.
- Oasis Parchment: When crafted, this would allow someone to vote for a second time at any Tribal Council. The last time it could be played is at the Final 6.
- Oasis Shards: When these two shards were found, the finder had to give one shard to another player for one challenge. After the challenge, the idols would become a normal hidden immunity idol when both shards are put together.
- Tribe Switch: On Day 8, the Yanbue and Hariq tribes disbanded. Two tribe captains would be randomly selected, and a schoolyard pick would determine the tribes.
- Tribes Meetup: On Day 20, the Hikma tribe journeyed to the Shams camp, where they had a feast and talked with each other. On Day 21, at the challenge site, Chris confirmed that the tribes were merged.
- Reformatted Final Tribal Council: Instead of having each jury member speak one by one, an open forum was held to ensure a more insightful rapport between the jury and finalists.
|Original Tribe||Switched Tribe||Merged Tribe|
|Yanbue||1st Voted Out
|Shams||2nd Voted Out
Mixed Martial Artist
|Hariq||Hikma||3rd Voted Out
|Shams||Hikma||4th Voted Out
Ultimate Frisbee Player
|Yanbue||Hikma||5th Voted Out
Taco Chain Worker
|Yanbue||Hikma||6th Voted Out
|Shams||Hikma||Geraldi||7th Voted Out
1st Jury Member
Trading Card Player
|Shams||Shams||8th Voted Out
2nd Jury Member
|Hariq||Shams||9th Voted Out
3rd Jury Member
|Hikma||Hikma||10th Voted Out
4th Jury Member
|Hikma||Shams||11th Voted Out
5th Jury Member
|Hikma||Hikma||12th Voted Out
6th Jury Member
|Hariq||Shams||13th Voted Out
7th Jury Member
|Episode||Air date||Contestants||The Oasis||Day||Challenge||Challenge/Plan||Prize||Winner||Eliminated|
|1||"Full Disclosure, I Hate Children"||July 1, 2020||16||1||Oasis Marooning||Castaways talk to each other in chats no larger than 3 people.||--||--||Chris K.|
|2||Tower Escape||Tribes will put up one member each round for a game of Sumo. Top 2 from each round escape the tower. First two tribes to escape the tower win RC.||Care package w/ Idol clue||Shams|
|3||Moats||Tribes must complete a gauntlet containing parkour, shooting, crafting, and a puzzle. First three tribes to do so win IC.||3 Tribe immunities||Hariq|
|2||"Temper Tantrum"||July 11, 2020||15||4||Camplife||--||--||--||Jia|
|6||The River Nile||Tribes must compete to collect 4 chests of stair puzzle pieces and correctly recreate 3 sets of stairs. First three tribes to do so win IC.||Top 3: Tribe immunity,
Top 2: Idol clue
|3||"Bingo Bango!"||July 22, 2020||14||Banjo||Nick||❌||N/A||7||Camplife||--||--||--||Golden|
|8||Tribe Swap||The remaining 14 castaways pick for 2 new tribes.||--||--|
|9||Kat Jumps In||Tribes must work together to move people across a bridge. First tribe to do so wins IC.||Tribe immunity & Idol clue||Shams|
|4||"A Desert Sandstorm"||August 1, 2020||13||Chris Blue||❌||N/A||10||Camplife||--||--||--||Nick|
|12||Tipsy Pillars||One at a time players must complete a parkour 9 times consecutively without falling down. First tribe to do so wins IC.||Tribe immunity & idol clue||Shams|
|15||Climbing to the Top||1st tribe to complete a balance beam, sand dig, and basketball portion wins IC.||Tribe immunity & idol clue||Shams|
|5||"I Gotta Go For It!"||August 7, 2020||11||Kid||Chris Blue||❌||N/A||16||Camplife||--||--||--||Gonzo|
|18||Teamwork Dreamwork||1st tribe to complete four puzzles wins IC.||Tribe immunity & idol clue||Shams|
|6||"Who Gets to Sit at the Popular Table?"||October 17, 2020||10||N/A||19||Camplife||--||--||--||Salted|
|20||Tribes Meetup||Hikma arrives at the Shams camp to have a feast and talk.||--||--|
|21||Merge Meetup||The tribes officially merged, and the remaining 10 players came together to live as 1 tribe for the remainder of the game.||--||--|
|Simon Says Ladder Endurance||Last person standing on ladders while completing lever sequences wins IC.||Individual immunity||Gum|
|7||"Disloyal Comments"||November 25, 2020||9||Chris Blue, Lune, Gum, Kid||✔️
|Oasis Parchment (crafting recipe; allows user to cast a second vote at Tribal Council)||22||Camplife||--||--||--||Banjo|
|23||Concrete Tubing||Last person without five concrete powder blocks in their silo wins RC.||Trip to the Oasis||Chris Blue|
(Lune, Gum, Kid)
|24||A Slice of Kootenai||First person to dig through a tunnel, pull an armor stand across soul sand, and solve a number puzzle consecutively wins IC.||Individual immunity||Lune|
|8||"Chillin' Like a Straight Villain"||December 9, 2020||8||Jiv||✔️||Oasis Shards (forms an idol when given to someone else before the challenge; given to Lune)||25||Camplife||--||--||--||Gum|
|27||Funnel It Down||First person to push a concrete powder down a course, push a minecart through a track, and complete a parkour course wins IC.||Individual immunity||Landslide|
|9||"I Feel Like I'm Playing the Game With Idiots”||December 23, 2020||7||Jiv||❌||N/A||28||Camplife||--||--||--||Chase|
|30||High Step Back||First person to fill a redstone contraption with repeaters while avoiding tripwires and pressure plates wins IC.||Individual immunity & Trip to the Oasis||Jiv|
|10||"Not Going Home Without a Fight"||February 17, 2021||6||Lune, Landslide, Kid||✔️||Hidden Immunity Idol
|32||Mud Run||The person with the most lava buckets filled after 5 minutes wins RC.||Final trip to the Oasis||Lune|
|33||Fire Maze||First person to scour a maze for fire resistance potion ingredients and dive through lava to light a redstone lamp wins IC.||Individual immunity||Lune|
|11||"Always a Bigger Fish"||March 13, 2021||5||34||Camplife||--||--||--||Kid|
|36||Gimme Five Steps||First person to complete a stair puzzle and solve a mirror puzzle wins IC.||Individual immunity||JP|
|38||Simmotion||Last person with minecarts rolling down a track wins IC.||Individual immunity||Landslide|
|3||39||Final Tribal Council||7 jury votes, whoever gets the most wins season 8.||Wins Season 8||Jiv|
|Reunion Show||March 14, 2021||The cast reunites, reminiscing the events that took place in Minecraft Survivor: The Nile.|
- RC = Reward Challenge
- IC = Immunity Challenge
|Minecraft Survivor: The Nile Voting History|
|Original Tribes||Switched Tribes||Merged Tribe|
|►►||Landslide||—||—||—||—||—||—||Salted||Banjo||Gum||Chase||Chris Blue||Kid||JP||Jury Vote|
|►►||Jiv||Chris K.||—||—||—||—||—||Chase||Banjo||Gum||Chris Blue||Chris Blue||Lune||JP|
^1 Jiv played a Hidden Immunity Idol, but no votes were cast against him.
^2 Landslide played a Hidden Immunity Idol, but no votes were cast against him.
- This is the first season to start with four tribes.
- This is the second season in a row and third overall to not be teased in the previous season's Reunion Show.
- This was due to Chris' uncertainty on whether the series would continue following Caribbean.
- This is the first season to have no female contestants.
- However, this is also the first season to have a non-binary contestant, Jia.
- This season has the longest hiatus in the history of Minecraft Survivor, with 71 days between "I Gotta Go For It!" and "Who Gets to Sit at the Popular Table?".
- This season has the longest distance in time between the premiere date and the finale date, with 255 days.
- This is the first season where no votes were negated by Hidden Immunity Idols.